Job Posted: 17/06/2014
Job Title: Development Associate
Location: Washington, DC
AVODAH: The Jewish Service Corps strengthens the Jewish community's fight against the causes and effects of poverty in the United States. We do this by engaging participants in service and community building that inspires them to become lifelong leaders for social change whose work for justice is rooted in and nourished by Jewish values.
AVODAH is seeking a Development Associate to assist with the administrative and logistical aspects of the development, communications and community engagement efforts conducted by AVODAH’s Washington, DC staff. The Development Associate is an integral member of the DC AVODAH office. The Development Associate reports to the DC Director and serves as part of a dynamic national team that will create and implement an ambitious development and community engagement plan. The Development Associate will also dedicate two days per week to working closely with the national Director of Foundation Relations on national foundation fundraising work.
- Manage details of and provide logistical support to the Director - AVODAH DC, for the annual DC Partners in Justice event and all other donor and/or community engagement events.
- Conduct preliminary research on prospective corporate, foundation and individual donors.
- Coordinate production and distribution of direct-mail and online fundraising appeals.
- Maintain foundation, corporation and individual donor files.
- Continually update, correct and maintain database records.
- Create monthly fundraising reports and other database reports as needed.
- Reconcile monthly local revenue with national accounting records.
- Complete administrative work associated with the DC Advisory Council, including but not limited to meeting scheduling, preparation of written materials and correspondence with Advisory Council members.
- Prepare donor packets and other materials for meetings and events.
- Assist with donor acknowledgement process as necessary.
- Implement DC site aspects of national communications plan.
- National foundation work in collaboration with the Director of Foundation Relations that will include all aspects of foundation cultivation and fundraising, including prospect research, grant writing, and reporting.
- All other duties as requested by the DC Director.
- At least two (2) years of experience working in not-for-profit development office
- Proficiency in Google Documents, Excel and content management/donor database programs; Salesforce experience preferred
- Individual and foundation prospect research experience preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Ability to present information concisely and effectively, both verbally and in writing
- Track record as energetic and enthusiastic and as a flexible team player
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative, be proactive and work independently
- Ability to organize and prioritize work
- Familiarity with the basic tenets of fundraising and the workings of a major gifts operation preferred
- Strong collaboration skills
Competitive salary and benefits. Email resume and cover letter, with salary requirements and availability, to Steve Bocknek, Director of Development and Communications, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
AVODAH is an equal opportunity employer.
No phone calls please. Only candidates of interest will be contacted.
- Avodah Updates
Sign up for updates via email