Applications for the 2015-2016 program year will open in late October. Please stay tuned for more updates.
1. Fill Out On-Line Application
- Before you start, make sure your computer has the correct settings to complete the application.
- Complete essays.
- Upload resume and photo.
- Identify three references and notify them they will receive an e-mail from AVODAH. (Click here for more information about references).
- AVODAH will contact qualified applicants to set up an interview after each deadline.
- Each candidate will be interviewed for only one program city.
- There are two rounds of interviews included in the process. First, qualified candidates will interview with an AVODAH alum. If the alum assesses the candidate to be a good match, the candidate will then move on to an interview with an AVODAH staff member. A candidate may be put on an Alternate List before or after to each round of interviews. This means the candidate will not be considered during that round, but may be considered in the future.
- Most interviews are by phone or Skype, but if you live near or can visit one of our program sites please contact our Recruitment Coordinator at email@example.com to schedule an in-person interview. We may also be able to offer in-person interviews with alumni in several other cities around the country.
To learn more about interviews click here.
3. Learn Your Status
After interviews, you will be notified of your status. Possible statuses include:
- Invited into a matching round with potential work placements.
- Placed on the Alternate List.
- Not accepted to the program.
To learn more about being notified of your status click here.
4. Match with Your Work Placement
If you are invited to participate in the matching round, the process will occur as follows. You will:
- Receive descriptions of all available positions in your city.
- Rank your top three choices.
- Interview with any of the placement agencies you ranked who are also interested in you as a candidate. You must be available by telephone to speak with potential placements throughout the matching process.
- Placement agencies rank their top choices of candidates.
- AVODAH offers you a match with a placement agency based on the rankings submitted by both you and the placement agency.
To learn more about the matching process click here.
5. Congratulations, You've Been Accepted!
- You will finalize your match by signing a three-way contract between yourself, AVODAH, and your placement agency. This contract lists expectations and commitments, and by signing, you commit to participate in the full one-year program.
- Once all three parties have signed the contract, you're accepted into AVODAH's Jewish Service Corps!
- Please note: Once you have signed an AVODAH contract, you are committed to the program for the year and will be required to pay a cancellation fee if you decide not to do the program.
- Avodah Updates
Sign up for updates via email
I came to AVODAH looking for a young, progressive Jewish community and to work with an organization whose central mission is to fight for social justice. The communities that I've had the opportunity to be a part of through my time in this program have taught me how to be a stronger advocate for social change."
Emily Saltzman2008-2009 Corps Member